Congratulations — You have chosen your beautiful new Granite or Quartz Countertop and now you want to know all the Next Steps. If you can’t find what you need to know here, please CONTACT US and someone will be happy to help!
What to Expect from Progressive Countertop
- We respect your home. Our crew will pick up after themselves and use mats to protect your flooring as they carry-in, level and install your countertop.
- Faucet holes and soap dispensers will be drilled on-site. (Expect a minimal amount of dust)
- The sinks will be mounted to the underside of the counter with clips at time of installation. Silicone is added, providing a watertight seal. Allow 6 to 12 hours of curing time for the silicone to set before a plumber reconnects the plumbing. Please note: We are not licensed plumbers, so we are unable to disconnect or re-connect your plumbing.
- Once installed, our crew will clean and apply a coat of sealer to your new granite. The crew will also leave you with a cleaner/sealer kit (for kitchens only). Please note: The sealer does not apply to quartz countertops.
- You can expect us to be professional and efficient — in and out in just a few hours!
Book A Free Consultation
PREPARING for your New CountertopYou can help us make your installation day go smoothly by making the following preparations:
- Please have open access to driveways and doorways.
- For renovation projects, please have the existing counter tops removed.
- Please ensure that all plumbing, electric or gas appliances are disconnected and moved away from the counter area.
- Appliances should be on-site but not installed. Once the counters are installed, while the crew is on-site, you can move your stove or cook top in place to ensure proper fit.
- Please have your faucets on-site. Faucets must accommodate material that is 3cm thick.
- We recommend you have your plumber return the day after installation to re-install faucets and sink drains. This will allow adequate time for adhesives and sealants to cure.
Installation FAQsWhat is a counter top template?
To ensure the perfect fit, from the warehouse or showroom and to your home, Progressive Countertop will create a customized digital template outlining the exact measurements of your countertop. The template will include design details like curves, seams and edges, as well as identify cut-outs for sinks and faucets. The template will define the shape and dimensions of your final countertop. We schedule an in-home template appointment with you, once you have chosen your stone.How many PC guys will it take to install my countertop?
We have three installation crews, each consisting of two individuals. On larger projects, or kitchens with over-sized islands, crews will team up and assist each other with the delivery/installation of the stone. Our crews consist of highly skilled trades people, with specialized training from the Cambria® Quartz installation programs and seminars. We will, at times, have apprentices participate on an installation but they are always matched up with an experienced installer.How long will it take to install my countertop?
A typical kitchen will take approximately 2 – 4 hours from carry-in, to fitting and leveling. However, this does vary, depending on the amount of seams, size of stone and scope of the project.What type of sink will work best with granite or quartz?
Sinks come in all shapes and sizes. You can choose to have a traditional drop-in sink, but we recommend purchasing an under mount sink for it’s aesthetic and functional benefits. An under mount sink hangs under the countertop and there is no exposed rim. This creates a continuous flow from the countertop into the sink. Besides the seamless look, an under mount sink allows you to wipe food scraps straight into the sink without catching crumbs and dirt on an exposed rim. If you want a drop-in sink, we can definitely accommodate this, as well as any requests for vessel sinks for bathroom vanities. It is always best to have your sink on-site at the time of your template appointment to ensure that the sink will work with the design. We have several sinks in stock and in our showroom so you can make informed choices. The one-stop shopping at Progressive Countertop makes it easy to get everything you need.Is there a difference between installing granite and quartz?
The installation process is virtually the same for both materials, except for a final step of sealing your granite with a natural stone sealer. All of our Natural Granite is sealed prior to installation and our installation crew will also give your countertop a quick coat of sealer before they leave. They will also leave behind a cleaner/sealer kit for your next application (typically done on an annual basis). Manmade Quartz does not require sealing.Is there a Progressive Countertop installation/service guarantee?
At Progressive Countertop, we guarantee our workmanship for as long as you own your countertop.